Donate blood save life
“Serve to Nation & Pakistan and make it brighten”
GIVE BLOOD, SAVE LIFE
Have you ever donate blood to someone in your family or dear one or someone who is unknown to you but you wanted to save his life?
How many of you donate blood regularly?
You should know that:
“Your blood can save someone’s life”
So, you can be here and be there. You don’t need to be in theatre to help the person on the operating table. You don’t need to be on the oncology ward to help the person battling cancer. Helping to save lives can be easy; all you need to do is give blood and you’ll be there.
As a blood donor, you are one of 900,000 people that selflessly give up their time to save the lives of others.
You might not realize it, but by donating blood, you’re essentially giving the gift of life to someone in need in your community. Blood donations are constantly needed to ensure that there’s an ample fresh supply on hand to provide for those who need blood transfusions because of illness or injury.
Imagine if you or one of family members needed blood in an emergency and it just wasn’t available? Taking an hour out of your busy schedule to donate at our upcoming blood drive can protect our community’s blood supply and help save the life of someone in our community.
Who can give blood?
Most people can give blood. You can give blood if you:
- are fit and healthy
- weigh between 7 stone 12 lbs. and 25 stone, or 50kg and 160kg
- are aged between 17 and 66 (or 70 if you have given blood before)
- are over 70 and have given blood in the last two years
How Donating Helps?
Every 2 seconds, someone in the United States needs blood. Donating blood can help:
● People who go through disasters or emergency situations
● People who lose blood during major surgeries
● People who have cancer or other diseases like sickle cell
● Women who have serious complications during pregnancy or childbirth
● People with severe anemia sometimes caused by thalassemia or sickle cell disease
There’s no end to the benefits of donating blood for those who need it. According to the American Red Cross, one donation can save as many as three lives, and someone in the United States needs blood every two seconds.
It turns out that donating blood doesn’t just benefit recipients. There are health benefits for donors, too, on top of the benefits that come from helping others. Read on to learn the health benefits of donating blood and the reasons behind them.
Donating blood has benefits for your emotional and physical health. According to a report by the Mental Health Foundation, helping others can:
- reduce stress
- improve your emotional well-being
- benefit your physical health
- help get rid of negative feelings
- provide a sense of belonging and reduce isolation
Research has found further evidence of the health benefits that come specifically from donating blood.
What to know before you donate?
Here are some important things to know before you donate:
- You need to be 17 or older to donate whole blood. Some states allow you to donate at 16 with parental consent.
- You have to weigh at least 110 pounds and be in good health to donate.
- You need to provide information about medical conditions and any medications you’re taking. These may affect your eligibility to donate blood.
- You must wait at least eight weeks between whole blood donations and 16 weeks between double red cell donations.
- Platelet donations can be made every seven days, up to 24 times per year.
Our foundation is running a Blood Donation Society BDS. A society in which we save others’ life by reaching out to those persons who wants to donate blood, who wants to save others’ life. Our donors are increasing day by day with the grace of God, but still we need more. We run different blood donation campaigns at different places because we want to help people’s lives. We don’t know whether the patient need that one bottle of blood which our donors want to donate them. That one bottle, at that point, is so precious for that patient. It’s our request to all of you that please with your busy life, try to save someone life. Be a part of our Blood donation Society by becoming one of our donors.
Join hands with Zanoor for this noble cause.
#IamZanoor #IamPakistan #GreenPakistan_CleanPakistan