WHAT IS ZANOOR?
Zanoor is youth initiative to serve and aid the fellows to prosper without any discrimination of ethnicity.
WHAT IS THE MEANING OF ZANOOR?
- Word zanoor means ENLIGHTMENT, a light which can diminish all darkness.
- Zanoor foundation is actually based on that light which not only removes that darkness but also
turns that darkness into rays of LIGHT.
HOW TO BECOME ZANOOR MEMBER?
- For zanoor membership, you can fill ZANOOR FELLOWSHIP FORM. Link for zanoor fellowship form is
shared on ZANOOR FACEBOOK as well as on ZANOOR.ORG.
- After that, you will receive an E-MAIL for interview call.
HOW THIS MASS MOVEMENT WAS NAMED AS ZANOOR?
- After being refused, disappointed and seeing dual faces of organizations, we decided to work
ourselves without any support or aid by government or any authority for our very first project
named “GO GREEN PAKISTAN”.
- We started fund raising; campaign in various institutes and markets mainly URDU BAZAAR.
- We were humiliated by people and laughed at by our friends for doing this all for fun and personal
benefits for we were not having any identity or cards to show them that we are part of social
organization doing this all merely for bringing change in society.
- At that time we realized the need of a name that could work as our identity.
- We named our movement initially as “HOPE” but we were blamed by other organizations for
- The 2nd name was decided was “UMEED-SEHER”, again it was changed for same reason.
- 3rd unique name was “ZANOOR” and in this way this mass movement by youth was named as
zanoor foundation, only to answer public who we are.
WHAT LED TO ESTABLISHMENT OF ZANOOR FOUNDATION DESPITE HAVING 1-HUNDRED AND 50- HUNDRED THOUSAND SOCIAL ORGANIZATIONS IN LAHORE?
- There were two main incidents that led to establishment of zanoor.
- In August 2018, a group of students from UET and PUCIT met and decided to fruitfully utilize their
summer vocation in a way that could benefit the society in areas of Lahore, they decide to plant
- To do this in an organized way, they met an organization (PHA-JAIL ROAD), but their concept of
plantation was limited up to taking a picture with plant and publishing it on social media to cash
- Another organization was contacted in this context but they refused providing plants for
- A 3rd door was knocked again for the same purpose but all in vain. This time AL-KHDMAT
FOUNDATION refused helping, saying that this welfare society is not meant for tree plantation.
- After being refused and disappointed from every door of hope, this group decided to raise funds
themselves by moving institute to institute, door to door, shop to shop and in this way started
- Another group of students from AMEER-UD –DIN medical college planned for FREE EDUCATION
for poor children in collaboration with FAIDA DOUNDATION by KIPS.
- FAIDA FOUNDATION gave them a task to collect stationary kits (80-100) for children within 10-
DAYS. These students successfully completed task but everything ended in photo session and no
one knows where those stationary kits were utilized.
- This group of students also proposed idea of free education for at least one deserving child in
every institute of KIPS but they refused. This is not what a social welfare society is meant for. It is
solely meant for serving, deserving ones and not for fame.
- These two groups of student met and decided to work for society in true sense by mutual
cooperation and in this way ZANOOR came into being.
HOW ZANOOR IS INITIATIVE?
UET, P.U.C.I.T, AMU, FJMU, GCUF, COMSET, FAST, and PAK-PATAN students started campaign and
served nation in following aspects:
- Financial support
- Provided CNIC and volunteer card for sponsors
- Free education for poor children
WHAT ARE THE GOALS OF ZANOOR FOUNDATION?
- To groom the youth and establish best and approachable system of education for all.
- To develop the country at administration and justice level for all the public on merit.
- To establish a well develop society on the basis of equality and peace.
WHAT ARE PROJECTS OF ZANOOR?
GO GREEN PAKISTAN:
Tree plantation was 1st project which we started in august 2018 and successfully planted more
than 1000 trees in different areas of Lahore without any funding from any NGO or
organization, merely by students pocket money. After this successful project, superior
university signed a project with us in which it was decided to plant 1 million trees in Lahore.
BLOOD DONATION SOCIETY:
Zanoor blood donation society started serving patients with safe and reliable blood
donations in various public and private sector hospitals of Lahore by end of august 2018.
Within three months, more than 100 donors bleed for lives of people on behalf of zanoor.
LIFE OF ORPHANS AND PARENTS OF OLD HOME:
Being source of smile for orphans and caring parents living in old houses gives you that
eternal peace which cannot be achieved by power wealth, or fame. Zanoorians used to
celebrate their national and religious days with orphans and parents of old houses just to
add colors to their lives.
FREE EDUCATION PROGRAM:
Basic education is right of every children no matter they are rich or poor, born in a house of
politician or a beggar. Zanoor school entertain all children who were rejected by all schools
and thus trying to eradicate this difference of cast, race, fame, wealth and power from
WHAT WAS THE REASON THAT YOU LAUNCHED MORE PROJECTS AFTER PLANTATION?
- The only thing that was source of our strength, passion and consistency was the happiness and ray
of hope on faces of people who met while we planted trees in their narrow streets in SABZAZAR
where neither government nor any social organization stepped forward for their betterment.
- To be honest, in very start, we put ourselves out for a plantation drive in order to spend a good
- During plantation, we were moved by sparkle of hope in eyes of people of that area. We then
started and accomplished a lot of other projects as well including FREE EDUCATION and BLOOD
WHAT ATROCITIES YOU FELT WHILE LAUNCHING ZANOOR FREE EDUCATION PROGRAM?
- Child education program was designed to provide free education to poor, deserving, born beggars
and born working children.
- Providing free education to one poor children per year by any institute which earns more than a
billion per year (like KIPS) is not at all burden on that institute. Thus we visited many schools,
colleges and academies with this idea and tried are best to convince them but authorities running
those institutes were not true educationist rather businessmen running education factories.
- We again contacted social organizations for this purpose despite being humiliated by them
- MUMTAZ GIRLS HUGH SCHOOL by cooperative welfare society and AL-KHIDMAT SCHOOL by ALKHIDMAT
FOUNDATION were two schools providing free education as for their policies but when
we proposed an idea of free education for poor children, they refused saying “SEATS ARE NOT
AVAILABLE” we requested al-khidmat school to let us use their building in evening as it is free at
that time so that we can teach poor children by our own, but response was as rigid as before.
- Thus we started zanoor very first free school in a hut near sabzazar area. But story does not ends
here, with in very few days, we were threatened by politicians and police of that area to stop
educating beggars ever heard something more bitter than this.
“THESE BEGGARS WERE BORN TO SERVE US, WILL LIVE TO SERVE US AND WILL DIE
We heard from those cruel feudal! We battled up those goons. For the time, we removed hut but
it paved way for a better place and now we have rented building for same children in same area.
HOW ZANOOR BDS IS ESTABLISHED AND WHY?
- One of our fellows was in very critical situation and need blood. We forward the case in
international green blood society but they refuse to provide donor saying that they could have
arranged blood f we have informed them at-least 3-DAYS before the day we needed blood.
- We contact another blood donation society but all in vain because we were not having money to
pay them for providing donor, on that misfortune dipped day, we lost a precious life due to poor
policies of blood donation societies. That was a painful day, we then decided to establish a blood
donating society through which we would provide blood even if required at 11th hour and we would
not allow anyone to die of thing like this anymore. Since that day till now, zanoor BDS served
patients whether it was day or night.
IS ZANOOR FAKE?
- Zanoor is not FAKE or ILLEGAL organization. It is run by students of various institute of Lahore by
Mutual Corporation, without any political or governmental interventions. It is initiative taken by
youth of Lahore having no boss or supreme authority to rule over but a platform where every
youngster utilizes best of HIS\HER abilities to serve nation.
Reference: JAVAD LATIF CHUGTAI (ADVOCATE)
Mobile number: 0303-0117185
WHY ZANOOR FOUNDATION IS BETTER THAN OTHERS?
- It is non-profit organization.
- Zanoor has its own financial department.
- Zanoor also Consider Women rights and their security.
- Deals with working students; that how to manage their time table?
HOW ZANOOR IS DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS?
- Zanoor is self-established, purely humanitarian organization that is loyal to state and is running
without any governmental funding
- It is non-political, non-governmental organization, serving the depressed, needy and suffering
human beings in true sense.
- There are 150,000 organizations running in Lahore but you see the city situation is same as it was
few years before, we want to bring change that everyone could see or feel, for that matter we
invited all known big names in social circles to collaborate with us but they all refused us considering
us non- serious, timely passionate youngsters.
- Zanoor is 1st organization that offers equal participation to young people so as to engage them in
this noble work rather than making them waste time in eastern lifestyle.
- Zanoor is only organization that polishes the inherent and underlying capabilities of youngsters.
Working on lines of ALLAMA IQBAL as he said
“THE REAL POWER AND STRENGTH THAT CAN BRING CHANGE IN A NATION LIES IN YOUTH
OF THAT NATION”.
- It is being run by students of various institutes.
HOW ZANOOR WAS DECLARED AS SOCIAL ORGANIZATION?
- At initial stage, zanoor was not supposed to be an organization or foundation but only it was
decided to run a plantation campaign in different places of Lahore which was planned by group of
students of various institutes.
- We approached various organizations for this purpose but they all refused. Still we did not lose
hope and planned to start our own campaign without any external support. It was power, strength
and determination of our members that we successfully completed our project and planted more
than 1000 trees in different areas.
- By seeing our passion and dedication, we were admired by other organizations.
- It was not we who declared it as organization but all those organizations that refused to plant trees
with us few months back recognized us.
- For the first time SUPERIOR UNIVERSITY launched plantation project with us along with other
organizations including AL-KHDMAT FOUNDATION and there we were given MEDIA COVERAGE by
LAHORE RUNG NEWS.
WHO PROVIDE FUNDS TO ZANOOR FOUNDATION?
- Zanoor is non-profit, non-government, and non-sponsored.
- Youth provide fund by their monthly pocket money.
- Zanoor members donate Rs. 200/- per month.
- No international funding.
WHAT ARE THE PLANS OF ACTION OF ZANOOR FOUNDATION?
- To provide students with a special platform from where we could present possible educational
- In order to inculcate in new generation, a determination to revive our culture and civilization.
- We want to bring governmental and non-governmental educational institutions on one page and
introduce a newer system of education.
- We want to suggest every institution to reserve two seats for deprived and deserving students.
- We want to make out all possible causes of child labor and solutions to eradicate them.
- We want to introduce such events in our institutions that would make every youngster a destiny
maker for the nation.
- To provide new proposal while abiding by the constitution of the country, regarding improvement
of education, justice and health in the society.
- In all of the governmental, semi-governmental and private universities, we will send our
representative for funds’ collection. Funds would be submitted to the central finance team who
would spend the money in order to improve and practice the vision of our foundation.
- We aim to eradicate evilness from our society in an adorable way.
- We aim to console the sad hearts of our country and to including them in our merry makings (Eid,
Independence Day), by arranging events in orphanages and old age houses. In addition to this we
will assist poor people in their events like marriages, dowry demands or other dejected times.
- We aim to create opportunities for deprived children owing to our motto: ‘we will collaborate with
different academies to grant them with stipends.
- We will strive to spread education and we will keep a proper record of the students granted with
- We aim to establish such an academy where we would arrange best of the teachers and the
students would be allowed to pay the fee they can afford.
- We aim to eradicate child labor and to create opportunities of education for children in the society.
- We aim to serve health sector by introducing ambulance and fire brigade services on priority bases.
- We will help to fight up unemployment in the society and we will help people to establish their own business.
- We aim to construct our media house where we would raise the voices of the helpless people.
- Plantation drives and other welfare projects will be arranged for students annually.
- We aim to become the voice of victims and to propagate justice in our society.
- We aim to sketch out innovations plans for the betterment of the society and also to act upon those plans.
- We will create an interconnecting channel among all the welfare organizations and by working in coordination with them will contribute to the welfare and uplifting of the society!
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BW ON FIELD AND OFF-END MEMBERS?
ON FIELD MEMBERS:
“They have to attend the weekly meetings regularly”
“They feel problem for outgoing (parents restriction, financial problems etc.) ; but really want to support their team.
WHAT ARE BENEFITS OF BEING ZANOORIAN?
- Zanoor is a platform where everyone is welcomed without discrimination of race, cast and religion.
- Every member is awarded certificate of participation and appreciation.
- Members are presented with best performance certificates and shields on basis of their work progress and dedication.
- Zanoor polishes hidden talent of youth.
- Provide a platform to socialize.